News & Events
Diamond wire drawing dies manufacturers to keep up with the times
Summary of several common materials of drawing die, Experienced a few decades of development, there have been many new drawing die material. According to the type of material, the drawing die can be divided into alloy steel mold, carbide mold, natural diamond mold, polycrystalline diamond mold, CVD diamond mold and ceramic mold and so on. In recent years, the development of new materials greatly enriched the scope of application of drawing die and improve the drawing die life.
(1) alloy steel mold is the early drawing die manufacturing materials. The material used to make the alloy steel mold is mainly carbon tool steel and alloy tool steel. However, due to the hardness of the alloy steel mold and poor wear resistance, short life, can not meet the needs of modern production, so the alloy steel mold was soon eliminated, in the current production and processing has almost no alloy steel mold.
(2) Carbide molds are made of hard alloy. Carbide belongs to tungsten cobalt alloy, its main component is tungsten carbide and cobalt. Tungsten carbide is the alloy "skeleton", mainly from the hard wear resistance; cobalt is a bonding metal, is the source of alloy toughness. Therefore, the cemented carbide die has the following characteristics compared with the alloy steel mold: high wear resistance, good polishing, little adhesion, low coefficient of friction, low energy consumption, high corrosion resistance, and these characteristics make the carbide drawing Mold has a wide range of processing adaptability, become the most widely used drawing die.
(3) natural diamond is carbon isomer, with its production of the mold with high hardness, good wear resistance and so on. But the natural diamond brittle larger, more difficult to process, generally used in the manufacture of diameter 1.2mm below the drawing die. In addition, the natural diamond is expensive, the supply shortage, so the natural diamond mold is not the ultimate people seeking the economic and practical drawing tool.
(4) Polycrystalline diamond is carefully selected by the excellent quality of synthetic diamond single crystal with a small amount of silicon, titanium and other bonding agent, in the high temperature and pressure conditions from polymerization. Polycrystalline diamond has a high hardness and good abrasion resistance, and it has its own unique advantages over other materials: due to the anisotropy of natural diamonds, when the entire hole is in the process of drawing In the working state, the natural diamond in the hole will occur in a certain position of wear and tear; and polycrystalline diamond is polycrystalline, with isotropic characteristics, thus avoiding the die hole wear uneven and die hole is not round phenomenon. Compared with cemented carbide, polycrystalline diamond tensile strength is only 70% of the commonly used carbide, but harder than hard alloy 250%, so that the polycrystalline diamond mold than the carbide die has more advantages The With the polycrystalline diamond made of drawing die wear resistance, the hole wear evenly, impact resistance, drawing high efficiency, and the price is much cheaper than natural diamond. So the current polycrystalline diamond drawing die in the drawing industry is widely used.
(5) CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition) It has the advantages of single crystal diamond finish, temperature resistance, and wear resistance of polycrystalline diamond and low price, in addition to rare natural diamond preparation drawing tool tool is very Good effect, its extensive use will bring new vitality to the drawing die industry.
(6) high-performance ceramic materials with high hardness, good wear resistance, chemical stability, high temperature mechanical properties and easy adhesion with the metal and other characteristics, can be widely used in difficult processing of materials processing. In the past three decades, the addition of various carbides, nitrides, borides, oxides, whiskers or a small amount of metal has been developed due to the effective control of the purity and grain size of the raw material in the ceramic material manufacturing process. As well as the use of a variety of toughening reinforcement mechanism, so that the strength of ceramic materials, toughness, impact resistance have been greatly improved.
(7) coating drawing die is a newly developed a new technology, the main method is in the carbide drawing die coated with metal film. Metal film is a pure titanium coating, it not only has a good finish, temperature resistance, but also with the wear resistance of titanium and low price advantages, in place of carbide cutting tool tools to achieve good results
Carbide has evolved into the most common tool material to date
Carbide is a very high hardness of the material, mainly used in metal cutting cutting tool has been widely used. In the mechanical processing industry, the mentioned alloy or tungsten steel is usually referred to as such cemented carbide materials. The use of carbide cutting tools can gain many advantages.
Carbide Tool Industrialization applied to metal cutting began in the 1930s. Since then, the cement has evolved into the most common tool material to date. The relatively small size of the tool is often made of solid carbide; non-solid carbide cutting tool only in the cutting area using carbide. Early non-monolithic carbide cutting tools tend to weld carbide to the blade body. By the 1940s, carbide tool manufacturers had begun to produce tools that clamped the switchable blade and benefited. Compared to earlier welding tools, this brain hole in the technological innovation and the use of mechanical clamping structure makes the higher strength of the tool; now has been recognized as a landmark invention, not only in the field of tool manufacturing , But also for the entire metal processing industry to bring advanced and efficient processing.
This ambitious progress for the manufacturing sector to open a broad space for improvement, and immediately improve the carrying capacity of the tool, making the tool has the ability to quickly remove metal. In addition to the blade due to wear failure or failure to replace the blade when the blade becomes more simple and cost-effective to make the cost of protection, but also makes it possible to manufacture cutting modules and knife body. The replacement of the blade often takes into account its shape, the rapid replacement of the failure of the cutting edge in several ways, in addition to the center line along the blade transposition, but also reverse the blade on the positive and negative situation. The term "indexable blade", which is now widely recognized by the industry, has also been called a disposable blade, a replaceable blade, a replaceable blade.
Chinese scientists have solved the long-standing confusion in the process of graphite conversion diamonds
Recently, the researchers finally solved this doubts: why in the pressure, the graphite can be converted into hexagonal diamonds, rather than everyone looking forward to the diamond.
Fudan University and Shanghai University researchers on the graphite - diamond transformation of the latest research results published in the American Chemical Society magazine.
The answer is likely to be related to the rate of reaction, chemically, this is called reaction kinetics. They used the new model to determine the minimum energy path of graphite into diamonds and found that the rate of turning into hexagonal diamonds was 40 times faster than turning diamonds.
This has solved the long-standing doubts that will advance the understanding of high-pressure physics and chemistry. Although people have always liked diamonds, but hexagonal diamonds also have their unique advantages. In theory, hexagonal diamonds are harder and harder to produce than diamonds, and most are currently found in meteorites hexagonal diamonds. This down, the production cost of hexagonal diamonds will be higher than the cost of diamond production.
Next, the researchers plan to use neural networks and large data technology to further improve the simulation level.
The world has from the carbide waste recycling tungsten and other small metal recycling technology
"2016 Global Small Metal Forum", the British small metal trade association (MMTA), general manager of Maria Cox said that many small metals have a high recovery of economic value. In the case of battery material recycling, it is expected that the lithium-ion battery recycling market will be worth £ 1.3 billion (equivalent to approximately RMB11.1 billion) by 2022.
Maria Cox, the current gifted developed a low-power smelting technology, Tesla and Toyota will use this technology in its European electric and hybrid vehicles in the recovery of lithium-ion battery.
In fact, in addition to power batteries, other parts of the car also used to lithium, cobalt, germanium, gallium and other small metal, the recovery system still needs further improvement.
It is understood that the global already has a small metal recycling technology involves: from the waste catalyst recovery rhenium and precious metals, from the use of capacitors in the recovery of tantalum, indium tin oxide and sputtering production waste from the recovery of metal indium, from the hard Recovery of tungsten from alloy waste, recovery of molybdenum, tungsten and niobium, cobalt-titanium superalloys from used sputtering targets.
China Nonferrous Metals Industry Association indium bismuth germanium branch, gallium selenium tellurium branch of the Secretary-General also said at the meeting, for the future development of small metal industry, should pay attention to the recycling technology research and industrialization.